What we accept:
- SORT sells exceptional quality women’s, men's and children's clothing, shoes and accessories. Furniture and home décor are also accepted if the furniture/home decor items are located within New Jersey/New York City.
- We accept a full-range of designers and brands. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. We are always happy to help and can be reached Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
How do I send you my items for consignment?
- Complimentary Fed-Ex Pre-Paid Label: We will email you a pre-paid Fed-Ex label for your box. All you need to do is print this out and take your box/boxes to a Fed-Ex drop-off location.
- Fed-Ex strongly suggests that you put your items in a plastic/trash bag and include your full contact information (name, phone number, address and email address) as well as SORT’s contact information in the bag. You can then place the bag in your box. This will aid in preventing any loss of items should your box become damaged and the items are separated from the box. Please make sure to securely seal your box.
- Please know that our Fed- Ex packages are not insured, however we have all the appropriate tracking information and will make sure it's safely on its way. We are not responsible or liable for packages if they are lost.
When does SORT contact me?
You will be contacted:
- when your boxes arrive.
- When your items are listed (providing you with your own secure personal code and simple directions on how to follow your auctions!).
- If there are items we are unable to sell due to brand name (low resale value), condition or authenticity issues. We will contact you if we are unable to sell any of your items via e-mail and you will have the option to have your items returned (all return shipping is at your cost of $20 per box) or donated. If we do not hear back from you within 15 days, we will return your items to you at your cost.
How long does it take for my items to be listed?
- The process of receiving boxes, creating an inventory of your items, photographing them and listing them can take up to 14 days.
- If you haven't heard from us within a week of receipt of your items, feel free to give us a call or send over an e-mail!
How does SORT authenticate my items?
- SORT prides itself on only selling 100% authentic designer items. We reserve the right to work with professional authenticators for your items at our discretion. Should an item be deemed inauthentic, you will be issued a $20 charge (per inauthentic item & $40 for Hermès) on the next scheduled invoice to cover the authentication expense we incurred.
- Free Shipping Promotion: As a company, we offer free shipping on most items that we sell. We find that by waiving shipping fees, items become more appealing to the buyer. In fact, studies have shown that buyers are more willing to purchase an item when free shipping is presented. In order to allow for free shipping and not affect you as our clients, $8 dollars is automatically added to the selling price. For example, an item that initially has a resale value of $20 would be listed as $28 with free shipping. Therefore, when you see these items on your invoice, you’ll notice that $10 has been deducted from the final sale price. (By providing free shipping and adding $8 to the initial price, we strive to engage more buyers and create a successful selling experience for you! It’s a win-win!
- We’ll continue to relist your items for up to a year unless we notify you otherwise. If you have items that remain unsold after a year, you forfeit these items unless you contact us to arrange their return to you (all return shipping is at your cost). We simply do not have enough space to store items that have not sold.
How and when do I get paid?
- Our payment system runs every 90 days, and payments are made when you have completed sales between the first and the last day of every month.
- Your check and invoice will reflect the completed sales from the previous month, so if you have sales in February, you will be paid in March.
- Completed sales are those that have been paid for and shipped and feedback has been received.
- Buyers have approximately two weeks before they are required to pay, so items that appear to sell one month, may not be considered completed until the following month.
- Items that buyers do not pay for are re-listed after the sale is disputed with eBay.
How do I refer a friend?
We love getting the seal of approval from our clients, so we're happy to reward those who refer us to their friends! Here's how it works:
- Clients are paid a one-time bonus of $25 per new client referred once the new client receives their first sales check.
How do I contact SORT?
Feel free to contact SORT via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a more immediate response, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-908-273-0549.
Our office hours are Monday - Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST. If you have a concern over the weekend, feel free to leave us a message or give us a call on Monday morning, and our Client Services staff will be happy to assist you.